- 6 cubano peppers
- 5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 package of tofu (I used firm tofu), cubed
- about 1 cup of cubed mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons of Ajvar (you can buy it in any international store - we buy it at City Fresh Market)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt, pepper and Vegeta (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Heat the oven to about 400 F (200 C)
- Slice onion into very small cubes
- Slice potatoes (leave one potato for later) and mushrooms into small cubes
- Wash, clean and remove seeds from peppers and cut the top 'caps' off and save for later
- Heat up olive oil and saute onion until fragrant, about 5 minutes
- Add cubed potatoes, mushrooms and tofu and saute for a few more minutes
- Add Ajvar, salt, pepper, Vegeta and mix well
- Finally add garlic and parsley (optional) and mix well
- Fill the peppers with the potato/mushroom/tofu mix and cover with the mushroom 'caps'
- If there is any of the filling left, you can place it in a separate baking dish and bake and serve as a side to the peppers
- Place peppers in a baking pan
- Cut the last potato into cubes, add a little bit of salt and place around the peppers in the baking pan
- Mix a little bit of olive oil, few teaspoons of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of water and pour into the baking pan around the peppers
- Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the peppers start to brown on top.
- Take out, let cool and serve with the left over potato/mushroom/tofu stuffing and sour cream on top.
Bon apetit! Prijatno! :-P